Thursday, February 22, 2007

Is the grass always greener?

Things are pretty much back to normal-- damnit! I've been MISERABLE lately, since that wonderful day with Laura. It was seeing how things COULD be that made me hopeful, yet hopeless, now, lately. Laura still hasn't told her boyfriend that it's over between them. He should be able to catch on, I think, but he's an idiot. I guess it's easier for her, anyway, not telling him, becaue she doesn't have anywhere to go. Though she makes enough money at Johnsonville, I would think, to save a little. I can always loan her some money, too. I guess it's not the easiest thing to find a cheap apartment around here, unless you want to live in an outbuilding or something.

I shouldn't complain-- I'm a BIG FAT HEEL. I feel terrible, as usual. Margaret doesn't suspect me at all. She's so busy at QG-- she just got a promotion, too. I'm, as usual, hating MY life. It's getting a little old taking cell phones away from junior high brats. Noah recently told us he wanted a cell phone, and yes, we read him the riot act. You've got to put your foot down IMMEDIATELY and FIRMLY on these matters, before it gets out of hand. Sometimes more than your foot (wooden yardsticks were made for something besides measuring).

Well, everything kinda BLOWS lately, but here's a picture of the green grass that was under the snow. I went for a nice hike the other day by the creek behind Schnappsville Park. That's the HHR (my new/ kinda new car) parked there, and in the background, yes, flying the old flag, is Johnsonville Sausage, where my one true love resides (4o hours a week, variable shifts, plus lately, 2o hours a week OT!) Hopefully, next time, I'll have something to report in the PROGRESS department.

No comments: